Dialux Evo improvement ideas, my-wishes

feel free to add wishes and suggestions
beta-ferenc

Dialux Evo improvement ideas, my-wishes

Post by beta-ferenc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:35 pm

I have collected my improvment ideas, wishes and experiences for about a year:

experienced issues:
- .ldt files can includes CCT info, but Evo not reads and uses this value, but uses the default 3000K or it can be changed by manually.
- change between imperial and metric units without restart (in case of complex projects it tooks lot of time)
- complex project's loading and saving sometimes took more than 15 minutes...
- several crash experienced when I was working with roofs or windows
- missing basic documentation pages, like luminaire coordinates, etc... (since evo introduced)
- spliting a complex combined object splits to every individual element even if there are multi level combination or substraction
- in documentation the false color bar several times slips to the next page (this is exists from the beggining)

improvement ideas, wishes:
- more presentation tools:
- TTF fonts
- more colors for texts (like isolines)
- forget fix size texts (small, normal, large) and give us numbers to specify text size
- still not possible to put texts on vertical planes
- different shape of arrows, pointers, lines to improve saved views or explain site details
- in documentation it would be fine to resize manually the images and move them freely on the page
- in documentation it would be fine to add text boxes, comments, tables, freely

- separate layer for luminaires, furnitures, texts with the possibility to turn of and off (similar to export dwg panel)
- wired view is useless because all the hidden lines visible. -> option to hide hidden lines, edges, etc
- separate one-click button for basic objects - now we have to click 3 times to use any object (time consuming in case of complex projects)
- unique symbols for luminaires -> just like in AGi32
- option to change background color (it was really a great idea to use yellow light distribution color on a white background)
- more than one row for room designations (names)
- automatic labels to luminaires in 2D view (including related info: luminiare name, power, mounting height, coordinates, tilt angles, etc...) (see AGi32)
- lock (same) dwg drawing position to every single level (in case of multilevel buildings it would be useful)
- set object origin to its weightpoint (like dialux4.12)
- list view of dwg drawings instead of thumbnails
- cutout entire floor of a room by one click
- working with lot of several luminaire arrangements it was very time comsumint to open each time the arrangement and rotational detail boxes. it should be open, or should have an option to have it open.

T.Magenheimer

Re: Dialux Evo improvement ideas, my-wishes

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:25 am

Dear beta-ferenc,

Thank you very much for this detailed improvement and wish list, which are very useful and important for us.
I will forward this list to our product owner.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

jaganreddy205

Post by jaganreddy205 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:03 am

Dear Lighting Friends,
I have one experienced issue. I am doing the lighting electrical load calculation separately for the lighting model.
if we have the lighting electrical load calculation report with the lux report it will be the package in electrical lighting. so that we can present to client in better way.
is this possible..?

Thanks & Regards,
Jagan
Thanks & Regards
Jagannatha Reddy
Design Engineer
Jagannatha reddy.b@gmail.com

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 am

Dear jaganreddy205,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I will also put this point on our improvement list.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team