Min lux Values Not Showing for Workplane (perp. illumin) in report.

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
ujacs

Min lux Values Not Showing for Workplane (perp. illumin) in report.

Post by ujacs » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi Dialux Team,

For some reason I'm not sure why the minimum lx values for the workplane (perpedicular illuminace adapt.) are not showing or the results I get is 0.00lx.

This is the workplane that is set automatically by Dialux once a building/room is created.

I've tried creating a new plane under the "calculations objects" but still, same thing happens 0.00lx as minimum. (with "calc. parameters" set on perp. illumin. and/or perp illumin. adaptive)
Also tried playing with the grid points quantity settings on x,y axis/automatic/dimensions/etc. and still the same 0.00lx.

The height is currently set at 0.8m AFFL. Tried different heights but still give no value for minimum lux? Funny thing is if I add a "height offset" of 0.8m under the "calculation parameters" tab, everything shows up in the report. (min lx, uniformity, ect.) but this increase the overall height of the plane to 1.6 AFFL. The height needs to be 0.8m AFFL or even on the ground is fine.

I've attached a screenshot of the results and my .evo file, might this also have to do with uniformity values being low-ish for some of the other calculations?

First time something like has happened, perhaps I'm doing/leaving something out?

I'm out of ideas of what could possibly be the problem, would very much appreciate your help and guidance.

Thank You!

WeTransfer link for the .evo file below,

https://we.tl/t-IG7Mv6OebQ
Attachments
no min. lx values on workplane.JPG
no min. lx values on workplane.JPG (70.43 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

T.Magenheimer

Re: Min lux Values Not Showing for Workplane (perp. illumin) in report.

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:58 am

Dear ujacs,

In your very large angled room, there will be a corner that is not properly lit and will give the O Lux value as a minimum value. At first sight I didn't find that spot either. But since the room is so twisty, I can only give you the advice that you have to find this place. There is no other solution, except to create several smaller spaces with the respective workplanes.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

ujacs

Re: Min lux Values Not Showing for Workplane (perp. illumin) in report.

Post by ujacs » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:47 pm

T.Magenheimer,

Had a feeling that was the problem... but will definitely try your suggestion!

Really appreciate the help and speedy reply.

Thanks!

Ujacs