dialux evo 8.2 it locks

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
colombina

dialux evo 8.2 it locks

Post by colombina » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:34 am

Hello how are you? I hope you can help me
I am having multiple problems with a project, the PC locks up and stays "thought" for hours.
For example, selecting an element can take hours, the same happens when doing the calculation (and I have even put few lights), when performing a render or saving the project. I assumed it could be from having complex 3d objects, but I removed them and the problem continues. (When it happens, the program uses 7.5% of the CPU and 24.7% of RAM)
I have tried version 9 and the problem is worse. I uninstalled the version with dedicated software to remove all traces and reinstalled version 8.2 and the problem persists (although in the first three attempts to work with it - removing objects - it worked fine, then it stuck again (wheel spinning for hours )
I have an AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and 16GB ram and 8GB OpenGL 4.5 GPU (if I don't misunderstand, Dialux evo 8.2 should work fine and not produce these issues)
It occurs to them because I have this problem? Should I do some kind of extra configuration?
Thank you very much!!
Columbian
(PS: I am using the google translator to write this message that was written, originally in Spanish)

Csuleiman

Re: dialux evo 8.2 it locks

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:01 am

Hello colombina,

Please provide us with the evo project file so that we could check the problem directly. It would be of help if you could send us the link to this topic so that we could better assign this issue. Our email address is 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

AlvinOrets

dialux evo 8 2 it locks

Post by AlvinOrets » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:00 am

It's probably your settings. Go into the configuration screen and check. Here's what it should be. You can actually just enter just 1's for the ID and serial number.

colombina

Post by colombina » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt respect!
I think I have fixed the problem of the program crash. I had multiple tiny .3ds objects outside my building that were only visible from the "terrain" view.
As the blocking would not let me delete them, I started the same project from scratch and now the program flows normally.
I take this opportunity to ask you, when a .3ds element is deleted, does the program really erase that information? or the file information continues in the program (memory cachet). Is there a way to clear the program's cache memory? Thank you!

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 am

Dear colombina,

Glad to hear you were able to solve your problem.

When you delete a 3D object from the project, it is also completely deleted from the archive.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team