Tunnel lighting (2)

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
JKerpels

Tunnel lighting (2)

Post by JKerpels » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Following up on my last question (https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88494), since that topic is already closed:

(Dialux EVO 8.2) Creating the shape of the tunnel (simplified, just a long rectangular room) and adding the luminaires is not the issue. I need some way to measure the luminance seen as an observer, same as is done in a street lighting simulation. I did place some objects such as a car, and selected the front window as measuring surface. This does give me results in cd/m2, which is what I am looking for. The values change, however, when I exchange the car for another model, which does not make sense.
So my question is: how can I add an observer-measurement to an interior design (and measure luminance in cd/m2)?

Thanks,
Joost

T.Magenheimer

Re: Tunnel lighting (2)

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Dear Joost,

This is not possible. The standard for tunnel lighting is also not implemented in our evo software.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

JKerpels

Post by JKerpels » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to use the Dialux 4-software for this purpose? I don't have much experience with that program, so I'm just curious.

Thanks.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm

Dear Joost,

This is also not possible with our DIALux 4 software. You can only use the workaround I have mentioned

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team