Tunnel lighting

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
JKerpels

Tunnel lighting

Post by JKerpels » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 pm

I was wondering whether tunnel lighting is already implemented in Dialux Evo? I don't think so, since I can't find any solution for my tunnel design.

As a workaround, I was making a tunnel with an interior design, by creating a long rectangular room with open ends (a typical tunnel segment) and applying luminaires to the roof. I then want to somehow place an observer in the design in order to calculate the luminance (cd/m2) seen by the observer, same as is done in a street lighting design. I struggle however to make this work. Is this a viable strategy, or do you have any other tips for me to make this workaround work?

Thanks, Joost

T.Magenheimer

Re: Tunnel lighting

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Dear Joost,

Please be informed that the feature of tunnel lighting according to the standard is not available in evo at present. We are pleased to tell you that we already added this point as a suggestion for improvement to our improvement list for the upcoming evo versions.

The following YouTube video shows you how a tunnel simulation can look in our DIALux software:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BwfZkbRNTc

You can either insert tunnels directly as a finished 3DS object in evo or create the tunnel using extrusion bodies. Countless 3D models can be found on the internet. Since we do not yet support tunnel planning, the planning would not be standard.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team