UGR - calculation point

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
cassie2218

UGR - calculation point

Post by cassie2218 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:24 am

Hello,
I always used in Dialux 4 option "UGR Calculation Point", usually in two points of the room as in attached picture. In results I get two values, each for one viewing direction. I would like to do exactly the same in DIALux evo but I'm not sure which option I should choose. I suppose that it's in calculation objects -> place calculations object (calculations parameters: UGR) but it doesn't look the same as Dialux 4. What I should do to get the same results like in my way in Dialux 4?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
cassie2218.JPG
cassie2218.JPG (204.52 KiB) Viewed 1084 times

T.Magenheimer

Re: UGR - calculation point

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Dear cassie2218,

Your described place where you can find the UGR calculation parameter in our software is correct.

In the documentation the white graduated circle shows the directions of view taken into account, the grey area the area not taken into account.

Each line in the diagram stands for one viewing direction. If the UGR value for a viewing direction is above the specified limit value, the value is displayed with a red line.

Values below 10 are not displayed, values above 30 are displayed with shortened, stitched lines. The maximum UGR value for the respective location can be found in the center of the diagram.
The recommended steps of the values 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25 and 28 are displayed as a scale within the diagram.

You can set the start angle, end angle and step size for the UGR Observer. The start and end angles define the vertical viewing angle of the observer. 0° is the direction along the positive X-axis, the counting mode is positive counterclockwise. The individual viewing directions between start and end angle can be defined with step width.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team