Import DWG with 3D

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
giwi342

Import DWG with 3D

Post by giwi342 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am

Hi,

I've just started using DIALux and this looks great. Only wish I could change the colour of luminaire easier (e.g. with RGB sliders).

I have a DWG with drawing in 3D (building outside wall and a metal mesh in front of it). I am trying to install a luminaire between them to see how much light gets through and reflects back to the wall. Import DWG imports it as a plan and I think it does not recognise it as a 3D drawing. Also, I have tried adding material to the imported object, but it adds material to everything else except that.

Is it possible, or am I hoping for too much?

Thanks.

Csuleiman

Re: Import DWG with 3D

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 am

Dear giwi342,

In evo it is already possible to control the colour channels of the RGB luminaires individually (see screenshot below).

Screenshot1.JPG
Screenshot1.JPG (141.45 KiB) Viewed 797 times

The DWG drawing serves in evo as a background plan, on the basis of which you must reconstruct the external and internal contours of a building.
You can assign each surface its own texture/material by holding down the SHIFT key while drag&drop onto the surface.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

giwi342

Re: Import DWG with 3D

Post by giwi342 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

It is quite hard to reconstruct something with a lot of small holes (e.g this Image).

As for RGB - hmm... guess the luminare file I got does not specify the lamps to be RGBW. Will keep trying.

Thank!