Project file doesn't open anymore

crashes, error report
Charis

Project file doesn't open anymore

Post by Charis » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:26 am

Hi! I was working a project on dialux evo 8.2 that i overloaded with 3Ds models and its size became 1 Gb. As i was working it suddenly shut down and now i can't even open it. The bachup file doesn't work also.I'm sending you the damaged project file in wetransfer link to see if it can be restored. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
https://we.tl/t-HN2QmjbMLO

Csuleiman

Re: Project file doesn't open anymore

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 am

Hello Charis,

There are too many complex 3D objects in the project that simply consume too much memory when loading the project and make successful loading almost impossible. We were able to load the project in the current evo 9.2 version. However, evo needed more than half an hour to load. We suspect that it will not be possible to completely calculate this project in evo.
In the future, please make sure that you do not use so many complex 3D objects in your projects.

Every surface of a 3D model has to be calculated separately and if the sum of the 3D models (and the surfaces) are too complex for the calculation or the performance of DIALux, it could give a lack of internal main memory in our DIALux software. This is the reason why maybe the calculation interrupts or takes some hours or evo even crashes.

We would recommend every user to search for alternative 3DS objects with less surfaces. The key is to find a good compromise between a realistic visualization and moderate quantity of surfaces.

You have to check by yourself what kind of complex 3DS objects can be used in your project file.
You should try to delete some of the 3DS objects or use alternative ones and afterwards check whether you are able to handle the project properly. You have to decide for yourself what kind of complex 3DS objects can be used in your project file.

Under the following link, you can find the project in which we deleted a geometry file and the results in the project data. With this file we managed to load the project in evo.

https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/oVI4r7veGiIQxcr

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Charis

Re: Project file doesn't open anymore

Post by Charis » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:02 am

Thank you a lot! It was the first time i was using 3Ds models so i didn't know how many dialux could handle. I will keep in mind your advices and thanks again for your immediate response.